Why I chose to do relationship counselling
Helping couples and individuals improve communication and have more satisfying sex lives is challenging and rewarding work.
- Working with the decision-making unit (the couple) can be the most effective way of helping a family.
- Concentrating on the relationship gives counselling focus.
- Improving couples understanding of themselves, and each other, helps make the world a better place.
My relational and psychosexual approach to couple counselling is unique in my local geographical area.
Past experiences have an effect on how are sexually.
For some people having too little desire can causes difficulties. For others , too much desire is a problem. May be you are struggling with the mechanics of having sex. Perhaps experiences pain on penetration or difficulty in orgasm. May be rapid or delayed ejaculation or difficulties in maintaining an erection is an issue.
Attending the sex therapy session can feel like a huge step to take. It is important to know what to expect from your therapist.
Helping couples and individual improve communication and have more satisfying sex lives is challenging and reward work.
- Royal United Hospital, Bath – Psychosexual therapist
- Private practice in Bath – Relationship and psychosexual therapist
Previously I have worked for:
- Sirona Care [NHS trust] – Psychosexual therapist
- Aneurin Bevin Health Board [NHS trust] – Psychosexual therapist
- Relate – Relationship and family counsellor
- London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy
- Relate Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling Theory and Practice
- Post Graduate Diploma in Systemic Therapy
- BSc[hons] Biological Science
- Accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT)
I am accredited by COSRT. I abide by the COSRT code of ethics, determining good practice for relationship and psychosexual therapy.
It requires that all counselling sessions are private and confidential. I will not share any information from or about you, except in exceptional circumstances (i.e. if I think someone is at risk of serious harm). I discuss my work, on a strictly anonymous basis, with my supervisor to ensure I am providing the best service possible.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
I am committed to continually broadening my professional knowledge, understanding and experience. This is required by COSRT. Other trainings
I have undertaken include:
- EMDR training, EMDR Centre London
- Mindfulness teacher training, level 1
- Domestic violence courses
- Child protection, level 1
- Transactional analysis workshop
- Family constellations experience
- Introduction to art therapy
- Introduction to dance movement psychotherapy
Please contact me for a chat about how I work at Olivia Rowlatt, and how it can help you.