What is mindful touch?
Try this simple exercise:
- Take one hand in the other.
- Close your eyes and put your attention into your hands.
- Notice the weight, temperature, texture of your hand.
- Try stroking your hand.
- Tap your hand varying the intensity.
- Explore each finger individually.
In this way you bring your attention back to your body and this moment.
Mindfulness is being in touch and aware of the present moment. It involves a non-judgmental approach to your inner experience.
Bring your attention to the things you touch in your life everyday.
- Bring your attention to your actual experience when you touch your partner.
- Let go of expectations about how you or your partner should respond to touch.
- Be curious.
- Try different kinds of touch.
In this way touching becomes an adventure!! Re-introduce play into your touch!!